B4BC to Host 11th Annual Skate the Coast Sept. 28-29
Boarding for Breast Cancer (B4BC) Boarding for Breast Cancer (B4BC) will host their 11th Annual Skate the Coast presented by Suja on September 29, 2018 – a 19 mile Skate – Bike – Roll from the Santa Monica pier to Redondo Beach in support of B4BC’s education, prevention and survivorship programs. The event kicks-off on Friday evening, September 28 with a registration party at Arbor Collective in Venice with live music, BBQ by Traeger Grills, plenty of Suja Juices and 10 Barrel Beers and a huge silent auction + raffle. Saturday, September 29, participants will skate-bike-roll along the iconic Strand of the Los Angeles coast starting at the Santa Monica Pier and ending at Dive-n-Surf in Redondo Beach. Participants of all ages and abilities are welcome!
Register + Info at Give.Classy.org/SkatetheCoast2018
Create your fundraising/ registration page online! Epic prizes will be awarded for top fundraisers!
Check out this promo video of Skate the Coast HERE!
Fri September 28, 2018 – Kick-off Registration Party 5-10 PM,
Arbor Venice – 102 Washington Blvd. Venice Beach, CA
Join B4BC athletes, staff, friends and industry partners as we celebrate the community coming together for a cause! Highlights include:
- Live music by Beeb$ and Dan Kelly of Fortunate Youth
- Yoga by Bridgette Gamble (Yoga For Skateboarders)
- Huge Silent auction and raffle with prizes from GoPro, Yeti, Traeger, The North Face, Nixon and more.
- Free Suja Juices and Traeger BBQ + 10 Barrel Beer Garden
- MeloDrama Movie Premiere – Featuring Snowboarders Mike Liddle, Erik Leon, Bode Merill, Johnny Brady, Jesse Paul and Garrett Warnick by Jon Stark
Sat September 29, 2018 – Skate the Coast 8AM-2PM
- 8:00 AM SHARP! Meet at Veterans Park in Redondo Beach for shuttle to starting point at The Santa Monica Pier.
- 9:AM depart from Santa Monica Pier
- 9AM – 1 PM SKATE BIKE ROLL 19 miles along beautiful beaches of Los Angeles from The Santa Monica Pier to finish line at DIVE N’ SURF with 3 hydration stations along the way.
- 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM Awards ceremony + celebration at Dive N Surf Redondo Beach
Live music, Food and Drinks
Participation Fee: Fundraise a minimum of $50 to participate in the skate – includes sponsor goodie bag, event t-shirt and raffle tickets. The top three fundraisers will be recognized and awarded prize packs from partners including GoPro, Yeti, Skullcandy, Arbor, Volcom, Vans, Von Zipper, Nixon and more. Please note: All participants are required to sign waivers. If you are under 18, you must have signatures from a parent or legal guardian and wear a helmet.
Since its inception in 2005, B4BC’s Skate the Coast has raised over $300,000. Funds raised support B4BC’s outreach, education and survivorship programs. A portion of the days proceeds will benefit Cancer Warrior Foundation. A very special thank you to our sponsors for making this event possible: Suja, Arbor Skateboards, GoPro, Yeti, Soundboks and Dive N’ Surf.