I also talked to Jeff about Reef priorities since he took over as president in September.
He said Reef has four key initiatives:
1. To be the product leader
2. To follow a clear segmentation strategy
3. To follow a clear athlete strategyTom Brown of 17th Street and Jeff MooreThursday at Surf Expo.
4. To follow a clear go-to-market strategy – to get more space in key retailers and present the brand holistically.
“We are going on the offensive,” he said. “We are going after space.”
With product, key focuses are:
1. Men’s hanging footwear – with a comfort emphasis and youthful approach.
2. To set a foundation in men’s apparel with the target customer Jeff describes as “modern gypsy” – someone who travels or dreams of traveling to exotic locales.
3. Recapturing greater space in stores for men’s and girl’s sandals.
Reef’s spring 2011 bookings were up 15% over the previous spring, Jeff said.