This past Wednesday, adidas Skateboarding and seminal art publication Juxtapoz set the stage and dynamic landscape for the renowned Miami art week drawing more than 2,000 people to the VIP reception and opening night party of The Showcase – adidas’ global creators series – as part of the Juxtapoz Clubhouse located at the Historic Walgreen’s Building in downtown Miami, Florida.
Taking over three floors with art and various installations from some of the best artists, galleries, and collectives in contemporary art, the large-scale group exhibition and cultural gathering hosted the best emerging international talent (14 artists) within the global skateboarding community alongside Juxtapoz’s lineup of critically acclaimed artists including Shepard Fairey, Olek, Jean Julien, Sandra Chevrier, Conor Harrington, Ron English, and many others – all making an appearance this past Wednesday evening.
adidas Skateboarding’s The Showcase brought 14 international artists together from Latin America, Australia, Europe, Asia and the United States to showcase their work. Inspired by skateboarding, the community and the culture, exhibiting artists, who were all in attendance, included:
- Ivonne Alcatara Sanchez (Latin America) – Mexico City, Mexico
- Mariano Amilcar Gonzalez (Latin America) – Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Julio Ignacio Pizarro Freire (Latin America) – Santiago, Chile
- Erica Rocha Santos (Latin America) – Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Trihumph (USA) – New York, NY
- Maximilian Mueller (USA) – New York, NY
- Spacegoth (USA) – Los Angeles, CA
- Jason Keam (USA) – Los Angeles, CA
- Homeless Cop (USA) – Los Angeles, CA
- Jacob Messex (USA) – Los Angeles, CA
- Sid Tapia – Sydney, Australia
- Fabian Fredrick Fuchs (Europe) – Stuttgart, Germany
- Lukas Goller (Europe) – Bolzano, Italy
- Hugo Fernandes (Europe) – Paris, France
For More on adidas Skateboarding
About adidas Skateboarding
Founded in 1998, adidas Skateboarding creates footwear and apparel for skateboarders distributed through a global network of skateboarding retailers. adidas skateboarding supports a group of iconic, elite, and trend setting professional and amateur skateboarders from all over the world including Mark Gonzales, Dennis Busenitz and Na-kel Smith. adidas Skateboarding is a segment of adidas Originals, a division of the adidas Group.
The Showcase, which started in New York City 2016, is a community-driven group exhibition and cultural gathering designed to provide a creative platform to showcase works from rising artists and talent in skateboarding culture. Having hosted a series of successful art shows in major cities around the world in the United States, Latin America, Central America, Asia, and Australia in 2017, adidas Skateboarding’s The Showcase wraps up the year in Miami.