CFA, WELLS FARGO: Invitation to next "Crystal Ball" breakfast session, "Private Label vs Branded Manufacturing."
STOKES ME: SIMA Humanitarian Fund campaign kicks off this week with "Add-A-Buck" promotions in 76 core-store doors.
Details on Industry Insight.
S.L.A.T.E. AMPS UP THE ENERGY AT MAGIC WITH ADRENALINE-FUELED
LINEUP OF EVENTS & BRANDS
Exclusive Ms. Lauryn Hill Concert, New Blogger Lounge Curated by Marcus Troy, New Emerging Designer Area – PROJECT 10 and Professional Skate Challenges at MAGIC’s Hub
for Action Sports & Streetwear
LOS ANGELES, Calif. (January 30, 2012) – S.L.A.T.E., MAGIC’s home of all things action sports, will amp up the energy in February 2012 with a broad selection of new and returning boardsport brands and adrenaline-fueled onsite events, seminars, concerts, competitions and a new blogger lounge curated by lifestyle and fashion journalist, Marcus Troy.
Kicking off the opening night of S.L.A.T.E. on Monday, February 13, is a special concert from Ms. Lauryn Hill, performing music from “The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill.” The event, held at the House of Blues (Mandalay Bay) and in conjunction with Rock The Bells is by invitation only for S.L.A.T.E exhibitors and retailers. Additional tickets can be purchased through Ticketmaster.
Curated by lifestyle and fashion journalist Marcus Troy, S.L.A.T.E. will feature a new blogger lounge, where the hottest streetwear bloggers from around the world will showcase their sites and post live from the show floor.
The blogger lounge will feature experts who will speak to streetwear products and trends. A host of editors from Highsnobiety.com, Antennamag.com, Nicekicks.com, Freshnessmag.com, KarmaloopTV.com and other sites hand selected by Marcus Troy will be on hand to meet with show attendees.
S.L.A.T.E. will also host to host two skate competitions live on the show floor. Events include:
• SUPERHEAT will present a Mini-Ramp event in the center of the show floor named “ACES HIGH MINI RAMP JAM PRESENTED BY SUPERHEAT.” Ryan Clements from Skate Park of Tampa will commentate the Jam. Riders scheduled to attend include Mike Vallely, Ben Hatchell, John Rattray, Chad Bartie, Kyle Berard, Anthony Schultz, David Loy, and more. Monday, Feb 13 and Tuesday, Feb 14 from 2pm-4pm
• MALOOF LONG OLLIE CHALLENGE– 15 pro and upstart amateur skaters including current and former long ollie record holders will compete to shatter the existing long ollie world record, Monday, Feb 13 4pm-6pm
S.L.A.T.E. will also offer a compelling new educational series in partnership with Board Retailers Association (BRA). For up-to-date event and seminar descriptions, locations and times, please visit www.magiconline.com/seminars. Held on the show floor, seminars will address the industry’s most relevant topics, such as:
• LOCAL SEARCH & SOCIAL TACTICS FOR BRICK & MORTAR RETAILERS presented by John Faris - Director, Cross-Channel Marketing, Red Door Interactive. Monday, Feb 13 at 10am.
• HOW THE HECK DID LONGBOARDING GET SO BIG AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? Presented by Michael Brook - Publisher, Concrete Wave and Longboard Retailer Magazines. Monday Feb 13, 12pm.
• REMOVING RISK FROM YOUR BUY. Presented by Gina Ashe, CEO, KRUSH Inc. Tuesday Feb 14, 10am.
Once again, S.L.A.T.E. will gather the most progressive streetwear labels representing the underground surf, skate, art and music communities—from indie to established. New brands this year include: Staple Design, Born Fly, Pink Dolphin Clothing, JSLV, Omit and Guns Germs & $teal. Returning brands include: L-R-G Clothing, Stussy, Play Cloths, Diamond Supply Co., 10 Deep, Im King, Huf, Orisue Clothing, Skullcandy Inc., Mitchell & Ness, Mighty Healthy, Alife, Hall of Fame, Fly Society, Quiksilver, Fox Head, Inc., Good Wood NYC, Radii Footwear and many more.
In addition, S.L.A.T.E. will feature 10 up-and-coming designers through PROJECT 10. Launched at PROJECT in August 2010, PROJECT 10 is a stage for young companies within the fashion and apparel industry to exhibit their products in a unique setting. The focus for PROJECT 10 this season will be upon two action sports currently seeing large growth - skating and cycling. Brands participating include Western Edition, Cadence, FTC, The Ampal Creative, CBNC, Corpse Corps, Wheelmen & Co, and more.
Every August and February, the fashion industry converges in Las Vegas for the most influential event in the business – MAGIC. As an incubator of fashion, MAGIC is where new trends surface and develop into what will be seen on the consumer. The show’s goal is to connect and inspire the fashion community. The February 2012 MAGIC will run from February 13 – 15, 2012. For up-to-date exhibitor listings, seminar scheduling, travel support and registration information please visit www.magiconline.com.