Shorebreak Hotel as a venue for industry events. Cinematographer Louie Schwartzberg's "Moving Art Retreat" in June at Turtle Bay Resort. Details on Industry Insight.
I checked in with Quiksilver yesterday to see how the company is marketing Kelly Slater’s 11th world title.
For his 10th, the company launched a multifaceted campaign that ranged from store windows to “wild postings.”
Here is what Quiksilver is doing this time around, according to Global Communications Director Catlin Rawling:
• After he won in San Francisco, Quiksilver blanketed the beach with T-shirts, hats and signs.
• Quiksilver produced a commemorative video
• Surfline banners
• Page takeovers on Surfingmagazine.com and Surfermag.com
• Grind TV banner units
• Facebook tab with sweepstakes to win a signed Channel Island board by Kelly Slater, photo gallery, video gallery, congratulate Kelly on the comments
• Retail windows
• Wholesale online ads (for example, this one at Jack's)
• Email blast - behind the scenes photos, day of the big win shots, etc.
• Print ads beginning for February books
• Limited edition T’s that say: Jordan+Kobe = Slater