The Moss Adams Apparel Market Monitor shows that public companies, with the exception of the Youth Lifestyle category, continue to outperform the overall stock market. Previews of Agenda WMNS at Long Beach, Agenda NYC and Agenda Vegas. Now on Industry Insight.
I checked in with Quiksilver yesterday to see how the company is marketing Kelly Slater’s 11th world title.
For his 10th, the company launched a multifaceted campaign that ranged from store windows to “wild postings.”
Here is what Quiksilver is doing this time around, according to Global Communications Director Catlin Rawling:
• After he won in San Francisco, Quiksilver blanketed the beach with T-shirts, hats and signs.
• Quiksilver produced a commemorative video
• Surfline banners
• Page takeovers on Surfingmagazine.com and Surfermag.com
• Grind TV banner units
• Facebook tab with sweepstakes to win a signed Channel Island board by Kelly Slater, photo gallery, video gallery, congratulate Kelly on the comments
• Retail windows
• Wholesale online ads (for example, this one at Jack's)
• Email blast - behind the scenes photos, day of the big win shots, etc.
• Print ads beginning for February books
• Limited edition T’s that say: Jordan+Kobe = Slater