SDSI: Sports and active lifestyle employment outlook.
AGENDA: Last chance to register for NYC show.
MLA: Legal risk management of staging modern sports experiences in non-traditional settings.
Details on Industry Insight.
April 25, 2011 – HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA – DC is proud to announce that its Gymkhana THREE, Part 2; Ultimate Playground; l'Autodrome, France video has surpassed the 30 million view mark on YouTube, making it the biggest and fastest-growing viral video in DC’s history. To date, the entire Gymkhana franchise has accumulated more than an astounding 105 million views.
“We’re thrilled to see that the latest film in the award-winning Gymkhana franchise continues to resonate with fans around the world,” said Nate Morley, DC's SVP of Marketing and Creative. “The response to these videos is unprecedented, and fans will be happy to know that DC and Ken are well underway with the planning and production of Gymkhana FOUR.”
In celebration of the 30 million-view milestone, DC has put together the ultimate Ken Block fan prize pack. One lucky winner will receive a DC x KB Collection pair of shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt, and hat, as well as Spy sunglasses and a limited edition Traxxas RC car. The contest kicks off today and will finish Friday, April 29th. Enter to win here.
Here’s a full list of the viral videos in the DC x Ken Block Gymkhana franchise, including a snapshot of the number of views and awards for each:
Gymkhana Franchise Videos*:
· Gymkhana Practice: 30,368,525
· Gymkhana Practice Bonus: 3,072,066
· Gymkhana Hot for Words: 98,287
· Gymkhana FAQ: 92,821
· Gymkhana TWO Teaser 1: 227,439
· Gymkhana TWO Teaser 2: 602,395
· Gymkhana TWO: 24,744,407
· Gymkhana 2.1: 7,684,811
· Gymkhana TWO Artist Remix: 364,535
· Gymkhana TWO Event: 348,142
· Gymkhana TWO Premier: 1,311,675
· Gymkhana TWO Build: 2,751,316
· Gymkhana THREE Car Unveil: 358,288
· Gymkhana THREE, Part 1: 3,190,646
· Gymkhana THREE, Part 2: 30,022,098
· Gymkhana Three Part TWO, bonus edit: 352,136
· Gymkhana Three, Part TWO, bonus trick edit: Wall-Ride: 46,41
· Gymkhana Three, Part TWO, bonus trick edit: Wall-Tap: 54,530
· Gymkhana Three, Part TWO, bonus trick edit: Rack-Corner Drift: 37,505
· Gymkhana Three, Part TWO, bonus trick edit: Segway Donuts: 54,090
· Gymkhana Three, Part TWO, bonus trick edit: Rain 360: 41,542
· Gymkhana Three, Part TWO, bonus trick edit: Double Donut: 49,219
· Gymkhana Three, Part TWO, bonus trick edit: LTD Edition Drip Poster: 33,045
Total Views as of April 21, 2011: 105,905,928
Gymkhana Video Awards:
- Gymkhana TWO, Gymkhana THREE, Part 2 and Gymkhana Practice hold spots 1, 2, and 3 of the “Top Favorites” videos in YouTube’s Auto category
- Gymkhana TWO and Gymkhana THREE, Part 2 hold spot 1 and 2 in the top 5 “Most Viewed” in YouTube’s Auto Category (2010)
- # 4 on Ad Age’s Top Viral Videos list for 2009
- # 9 on Ad Age’s Top 10 Viral Video Ads of All Time (2010)
- Bronze Pencil at the One Show Entertainment Awards in “Online Branded Entertainment” category (2009)
- People’s Telly Silver Award, presented by YouTube (2010)
- # 10 on YouTube’s Top 10 Video List for 2010
- # 2 on the Viral Video Top 20 Viral Global Video Ads of 2010
- # 6 on Ad Age’s Top Viral Videos list for 2010
- # 1 Top Rated Video of All Time – YouTube’s Auto Channel (2010)
- # 2 Top Favorite Video of All Time – YouTube’s Auto Channel (2010)
- # 5 Most Viewed Video of All Times – YouTube’s Auto Channel (2010)
For more on DC, Ken Block and the Gymkhana Franchise, click here.
Founded by Ken Block and Damon Way in 1993, DC quickly grew to become a leader in performance skateboarding shoes and renowned action sports brand. Today DC stands as a global brand whose product line has expanded to include men’s, women’s and kids’ skateboarding and lifestyle shoes, apparel, snowboards, snowboard boots, outerwear, and accessories.
As one of the cornerstones of its marketing strategy, DC has built a world-class team of professional skateboarding, snowboarding, surfing, BMX, motocross and rally athletes that exemplify and enhance DC’s brand, develop its signature products, and support its promotional efforts. DC is a subsidiary of Quiksilver, Inc.
About Ken Block: Ken Block's rally career began in 2005. His skill and car control became quickly apparent and Block aptly nabbed Rookie of the Year in the Rally America Championship. Since then, Block has continued to race in the series, boasting a healthy ten overall wins, in addition to numerous podium appearances as well as X Games medals. In addition to his performance in the car, Block has been adriving force in shedding light on the sport within the United States. His keen branding and marketing acumen has allowed Block to achieve global fame as arally driver through his wildly successful viral videos, which include his record-setting jump for the TV series Stunt Junkies, his scenes in the DC snowboard video Mtn.Lab 1.5 and spy footage of his Subaru TRAX STI project in action, along with his Gymkhana videos. Ad Age named his “Gymkhana TWO” the No. 4 Viral Video of 2009 and his “Gymkhana THREE; Part 2 Ultimate Playground; l’Autodrome” the No. 6 Viral Video of 2010. In January 2010, he formed the Monster WorldRally Team and signed with Ford to become the first American to campaign in the World Rally Championship, becoming only the second American to ever score points in the WRC during his inaugural 2010 season. Additionally, his signing with Ford included campaigning domestically in racing (Rally America and X Games), as well as continuing to do gymkhana. Block co-founded DC Shoes, a worldwide leader in performance skateboarding shoes and a renowned action sports brand.