ROTH investor conference is Sunday - Wednesday. Implications of a new tax on some high net-wealth individuals from Moss Adams Capital. "The Legacy of Bing," next up at SHACC. Details on Industry Insight.
SURF SUMMIT 14
Presented by SIMA & BRA
May 11 – 14, 2011
San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
*REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS THIS FRIDAY, APRIL 1*
- Closing Ceremonies to feature Jamie O'Brien, Mark Healey & Lisa Andersen -
The deadline to register for Surf Summit 14 is THIS Friday, April 1. Registration materials are attached. Sign up today!
The athletes for the final night Closing Ceremonies have been announced! What better way to close out Surf Summit 14 than an evening on the beach filled with inspiration from the heroes of our sport? Former world champ, and one of the most aggressive free-surfers ever, Martin "Pottz" Potter will again emcee this special night. Pottz will sit and talk story with some of the world's best surfers, including one of the youngest surfers to ever win Pipe Masters and all around charger, Jamie O'Brien; fearless big wave surfer and free-diver Mark Healey; and as the first woman to ever grace the cover of Surfer Magazine, four time world champion and women's surfing legend Lisa Andersen. The night will offer an intimate look into what makes these amazing athletes tick.
Before the closing ceremonies take place and for the first time ever, Surf Summit 14 will feature an afternoon of roundtable discussions. With a roundtable experience in high demand from Surf Summit attendees, we listened to your feedback and have brought you just that! After a day of interesting speakers and presentations, the second day of learning will be interactive and allow you to discuss important issues with fellow attendees at roundtables. Surf Summit 14 roundtable topics will include:
• Branding In-Store: From POP to fixtures to windows; How to resonate in key accounts
• The Changing Value of Independent Wholesale: Remaining competitive in a multi-channel world
• What Really Drives Business?: From product innovation to marketing to price, what matters most?
• Reinventing the Surf Girl: Where has our juniors business gone astray and how do we win girls back?
• The New Era of Discounting: Groupon, BOGO, Web Scan, loyalty programs; The good and bad of promotional sales
• Customer Service: Social media platforms have changed everything. How do we stay ahead of consumers?
• West Coast Trade Shows: What is their value to our business today and how do we keep them relevant?
• Product Innovation: How can brands know what consumers want and how can retailers help in the communication process to consumers?
• Upstart Brands: Why should established brands care, how does an upstart gain momentum and how do retailers know who they should make room for?
• Sustainability vs. Economy: Will the economy continue to dictate the industry’s commitment to sustainability or is it a work in progress?
In addition to the roundtables, other seminar speakers include:
Bill Walton // Executive Chairman, SDSI
Basketball legend Bill Walton will take the stage to talk about his experiences at UCLA and in the NBA and how he applies them to his new venture, SD Sport Innovators (SDSI). SDSI is a non-profit, business accelerating, trade organization that connects and drives the growth of Southern California’s vibrant sports economy by offering innovative programs and services for start ups, mature companies and service providers.
Kit Yarrow // Consumer Psychologist
Kit will be giving a presentation titled, A New Consumer Psychology = New Rules for Marketers. From involvement through social media, to symbolic messaging that matters, there are new opportunities for marketers - and new rules. And they all start with psychology. Attendees will learn about seven key shifts in the psychology of today's consumers and the five new rules of marketing that capitalize on these shifts. Peppered with case examples and up-to-the minute research, this eye-opening presentation will leave participants with the tools and insights they'll need to understand and adapt to the minds, hearts and motivations of today's dramatically different consumers.
Jeff Yokoyama // Founder, Generic Youth
Maui & Sons, Pirate Surf and Modern Amusement are just a few of the brands Jeff has started. He’s an innovative designer and entrepreneur who has never approached business in a cookie-cutter way. Jeff will share his insights on creativity, apparel repurposing/recycling, emerging brands and the importance of entrepreneurship.
2010 Retail Distribution Study // Results Presented
For more event information, please visit www.sima.com/surfsummit.aspx.
Questions? Contact SIMA Events & Communications Coordinator, Kelly Keenan, at email@example.com or 949.366.1164 x3.