MOSS ADAMS: Webinar 12/2 on internal controls to increase the value of your business.
AGENDA: 12/30 deadline to pre-register for Jan. 5-6 Long Beach show.
CIT TRADE FINANCE: Middle-market retailers cautiously optimistic for holiday.
Details on Industry Insight.
Board-Trac, Inc, announced today that its 2010 Annual Consumer Skateboarding and its Skateboarding Size of Market Reports have been published and can found on their web site at http://www.board-trac.com/. The Skateboarding study examines reveals top/favorite brands, shopping and spending habits, influence of green products on buying decisions, core sport and cross-over sport participation, as well as influences on hardgoods and softgoods buying decisions, and lifestyle.
In addition, the study addressed price points for both hard and soft goods, where purchases were made – stores, catalog or online, allocation of money spent on a variety of categories including entertainment, music and food, influences that drive brand purchasing decisions, segmentations by age and gender, media habits, music, game playing and other information designed to provide manufacturers, retailers and other organizations targeting this segment with insight into this ever-changing market.
• Girl, Independent and Spitfire are the top three deck, truck and wheel brands.
• Sector 9 is the favorite longboard brand.
• The favorite purchase location was once again skateboard shops for hard and softgoods.
• Vans and Nike SB are the top two shoe brands – 28 other brands number of brands have 61.5% share of the market with DC, Lakai and Emerica holding top positions.
• 67.3% of the participants have purchased hardgoods online, while only 38.3% have purchased clothes, shoes or accessories. This represents a decrease in internet purchases from 2009.
• Hardgoods online purchases have increased and overall purchases online have decreased since 2009
- Among participants, 52.3% said knowing that a brand offers “green” products has an influence on their buying decisions.
Size of Market
Board-Trac has also released its Size of Market Report, which contains projected sales among frequent and infrequent participants; sales, pricing and shopping trends since 2002 through 2010 and units/sales/pricing by specific hard and softgoods.
You can visit the Skateboarding section of our store by going to: http://www.board-trac.com/store/2010skateboardingreport.html. For more information on Board-Trac’s products and marketing services, please contact Angelo Ponzi at 949-858-9095, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the web site at http://www.board-trac.com/. Please join us on: Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Board-Trac® is the leading action sports marketing consulting and research company providing consumer and retail insights to companies selling products and services to consumers who participate or are influenced by action sports.