ROTH investor conference is Sunday - Wednesday. Implications of a new tax on some high net-wealth individuals from Moss Adams Capital. "The Legacy of Bing," next up at SHACC. Details on Industry Insight.
The East Coast Surfing Championships get underway today in Virginia Beach. We asked D. Nachnani, the owner of Coastal Edge who is hosting the event, a few questions about the contest and how all the brands are involved.
The ECSC is often described as the U.S. Open of the East Coast. Coastal Edge currently operates eight stores.
2010 marks the 48th annual year of the event, and the first year that Coastal Edge has the honor of being the title sponsor in a multi-year contract with presenting sponsors Vans and Monster.
We wanted to make sure that this auspicious contest stayed endemic to our industry. That is why we chose to acquire the title. Vans and Monster presents The Coastal Edge ECSC is not only the oldest North American surfing contest, but the second oldest in the world.
(Above: Stephanie and Dee Nachnani with BRA's Melissa Clary at Liquid Nation this year.)
Our industry will be hosting a multitude of events such as the following:
1. Vans will have a Joel Tudor Long Boarder invitational
2. We will have The Monster stage at the Jetty for exclusively skate and surf endemic sponsors.
3. We will have The Coastal Edge Vendor village that will truly unite the tribes with 43 companies from around world of surf and skate.
4. Billabong will be doing the All Out Air Assault Tow-At exhibition.
5. Fox will bring Freestyle motocross to the shores of the East Coast.
On page 2: More of Dee's list, plus what the contest says about East Coast surfing, Coastal Edge's growth plans