CFA, WELLS FARGO: Invitation to next "Crystal Ball" breakfast session, "Private Label vs Branded Manufacturing."
STOKES ME: SIMA Humanitarian Fund campaign kicks off this week with "Add-A-Buck" promotions in 76 core-store doors.
Details on Industry Insight.
Snowboard purchases in sporting goods stores increases in 2009, while sales in specialty retailers and on the Internet remain relatively flat.
• Burton continues to be the favorite brand in boards, bindings and boots.
• Lib Tech is the preferred brand among males and frequent participants.
• The favorite purchase location was once again snow/surf shops.
• Performance and Quality are the top two attributes for purchasing a snowboard and a binding.
• Overall sales from 2008 to 2009 are down. Sales among frequent snowboarders were down 9.5%, while overall participation was down 2.3%.
• 57.7% of the participants are between the ages of 18 – 31 years of age. Average age is 21.
Board-Trac, Inc, announced today that its 2009 Annual Consumer Snowboarding and its Snowboarding Size of Market Reports have been published and can found on their web site at www.board-trac.com.
The Snowboarding study examines shopping and spending habits, core sport and cross-over sport participation, as well as influences on hardgoods and softgoods buying decisions, and lifestyle.
In addition, the study addressed price points for both hard and soft goods, where purchases were made – stores, catalog or online, influences that drive brand purchasing decisions, segmentations by age and gender, media habits, music, game playing and other information designed to provide manufacturers, retailers and other organizations targeting this segment with insight into this ever-changing market.
Size of Market
Board-Trac has also released its Size of Market Report, which contains projected sales among frequent and infrequent participants; sales, pricing and shopping trends since 2002 to-date and units/sales/pricing by specific hard and softgoods. The Surf and skateboarding size of Market Reports were published in the Fall 2009.
For more information on Board-Trac’s products and marketing services, please contact Angelo Ponzi at 949-858-9095, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the web site at www.board-trac.com. Please join us on:Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Board-Trac® is the leading action sports marketing consulting and research company providing consumer and retail insights to companies selling products and services to consumers who participate or are influenced by action sports.